The Great Library consists of two floors and two small courtyards. The first floor serves as the central hub and contains many bookcase areas. Each bookcase area outside of reading rooms are dotted with random humorous quotes. The second floor has many windows, a couple of balconies, and 2 additional reading rooms. There are two staircases on each side of the libraries, and a water elevator down the middle. The floor is lavishly decorated with wool of multiple colors and the ceiling rises high above the room, featuring a skylight in the middle. Each courtyard contains a mural built by various users. (More information can be found on the Public Murals page.)
The reading rooms contain stories that various users have written. Below is a list of each room, and a synopsis of the story it contains:
Contains an excerpt from The Pumpkin-Head Seeds written by Fubaka. This story describes the dark creatures that will inhabit the land in Beta 1.8, and how the Pumpkin-Head Clan is safe from these menaces.
Contains a story called Curse of the Pyramid, written by AetherExplorer. This is a story about a team of explorers and a pyramid they go into.
Large Room A
Contains an epic titled The Legend of the Giant, written by Shabbyjazz. This poem describes how a giant arose to fight a great evil.
Contains an educational story titled The Adventures of Diggus, written by masternoj. It entails a man and his mishaps while mining.
Currently locked, and reserved for Zolyx.
Contains a story written by aegypticus titled The Swift Darkness. This story entails a man and his fight against living darkness.
Contains a chapter of a satirical guide written by Fubaka, titled The Griefer Rehab Guide.
Large Room B
Contains an unfinished guide written by OminousFire.
Contains an story written by Twololcats called Minecraft Dragons, Part 1. It entails the first part of a story about dragons who come to the Minecraft world.
Contains an unfinished story written by JakTheMad.
Large Room C
Contains an unfinished story written by aegypticus.
Large Room D
- The hill the library was built on was itself built, as the ground originally did not rise that much.
- The library was constructed from late July through early August.
- There is a rail that leads to the library. The station can be reached from a Cobblestone trail within Pina Park.
- There is a secret hollow area full of grass and torches under the library floor, but the only legal way to get in is to be warped there.
- The library served as the starting point for the Arachnid Storm event.
- A lever on the second floor will open the way to the Spider Shrine.